When Brooklinen was founded over six years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. Our goal was to deliver the maximum value to our customers through Brooklinen.com and we are proud of what we have been able to deliver. As we look towards the future, we are thrilled to continue on this mission, and now through a growing group of Brooklinen stores.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial and strategic VP of Retail to join us in leading our store growth at Brooklinen. You will love this role if you are obsessed with growing, scaling, and developing high performing teams and excited to make a huge impact on our business.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a robust financial model and operating plan, tying retail to company-wide goals and KPIs and ensuring the long-term growth, sustainability, and success of the retail landscape.
- Lead and develop a growing retail leadership team to ensure they are nurtured, successful and results-driven as we continue to expand our retail footprint.
- Identify new revenue-generating or cost-saving opportunities;
- Develop new insights and deeper understanding of the businesses to facilitate and improve collaboration across the organization.
- Build out a strategic roadmap of store expansion process, working closely with our Head of Business Development, CEO and other functions to ensure we are maximizing market opportunities.
- Set annual budgets and reforecast monthly. Regularly report on performance vs. expectations, with detailed analysis on what is working and what is not working.
- Provide insights from ad hoc analysis for the channel. This can include anything from margin analysis, sell-through data by collection, actuals vs. budget, etc.
- Analyze DTC selling trends as well as retail market trends to identify where we should open our next retail location. Upon choosing a storefront, negotiate LOI’s and leases with potential new landlords.
- Collaborate with other critical functions across the organization such as Marketing, Ecommerce, and Merchandising to ensure the customer experience is flawless and consistent
- Lead and develop visual presentation strategy of our stores, ensuring that we're presenting and styling our product in a way that is inspiring and brand-aligned; oversee visual changes as we launch new products and brand stories
We're looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of multi-store retail experience within companies that have successfully scaled their store strategy
- You have led the opening of multiple stores across the country and been part of the lease negotiation process.
- Obsessed with details and data to inform decisions on scaling a complex retail landscape; Constantly digs a level deeper to uncover new insights and understanding
- True generalist capabilities across retail functions including but not limited to people, operations, visual merchandising, store marketing and events, and inventory management
- Exceptional leadership skills; someone who has studied and implemented what it means to be an inspiring, strategic, and supportive leader (7+ years managing teams)
- Someone who is passionate about home as well as the Brooklinen brand and story and will roll out innovative ways to share this with our customers
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.