We’re excited to be looking for an Inventory Planner to join our rapidly-growing team in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Reporting to our VP of Finance, you’ll plan inventory levels across Brooklinen locations, ensuring we have our products where we need them and when we need them.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re passionate about merchandising, highly collaborative, and have a strong bias for action. If you’re excited to join a highly cross-functional team and contribute to the growth of Brooklinen, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Rolling inventory open-to-buys regularly to understand selling trends and inventory levels
- Place inventory buys to maintain appropriate inventory levels across the business
- Generate inventory health checks and hindsights on new product launches
- Coordinate with Marketing and Ecommerce to understand sales trends; partner closely with Merchandising and Production on SKU-level inventory management decisions
- Partner with Finance to understand sales and cash flow implications of the buys
- Help build the company infrastructure to support e-commerce (2+ warehouses) and our expansion across retail, wholesale, and international
We're looking for someone who brings
- 4+ years of experience in inventory planning; prior experience with an omnichannel retail business is a strong plus!
- 1-2 years of experience in strategy consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency across Microsoft Office
- A track record of cross-functional partnership with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a high level of curiosity
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.