When Brooklinen was founded over six years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. In early 2020, after spending 5 years developing and growing our ecommerce business (with quality products, responsible manufacturing, and accessible pricing front-of-mind), we were thrilled to open our very first permanent retail location.
On the heels of our first store's success, we’re looking for an incredible Keyholder and Visual Merchandising Associate to join us in shaping the retail experience for our NYC customers. You’ll love this role if you’re as obsessed as we are with making people’s homes happy, comfortable (and aesthetically pleasing!) places and providing amazing customer experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Keyholder responsibilities:
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience is delivered 100% of the time
- Be a leader on the sales floor
- Contribute to the overall success of the store by owning an area of responsibility
- Manage and implement daily zoning schedules
- Lead meetings at the beginning of shifts to communicate daily goals and updates
- Fulfill opening and closing duties
- Assist with new hire onboarding and ongoing training
- Visual merchandising responsibilities:
- Follow directives from HQ visual merchandising team to carry out brand-aligned product styling and focal displays
- Execute multi-tiered product launch displays, store resets, and marketing events independently (this will require working early morning and/or late evening shifts)
- Collaborate with HQ visual merchandising team for operation and execution of special events and launches (ie. holiday, brand partnerships, etc..)
- Act as a liaison between HQ visual merchandising team and store sales team
We’re looking for someone with:
- 1-3 years of experience in a retail (or service-oriented) environment - this being said, we believe people with all types of experience could be great in this role and will be looking to the application screenings questions as well as resumes to make our decisions!
- Someone who is passionate, friendly, and positive
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong judgment and a service- and solution-oriented approach
- The ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and enthusiastically
- An interest and passion for visual merchandising
- Experience with visual merchandising; with soft goods styling is a plus
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- The ability to work full-time hours with a minimum of 4 days of full availability
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at Brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.