We’re looking for a creative and passionate copywriter to write witty and compelling copy that strategically delivers for both digital and physical channels. Reporting to our Associate Director of Copy, you will be the fourth member of a small and nimble team amongst our broader creative team. You’ll work most closely with our Creative team and also collaborate closely with the Marketing, Retention, Social and ECommerce teams.
You’ll help own the voice of Brooklinen, advising on exciting campaigns and product promotions for one of the best (sure, we’re a little biased) and fastest-growing DTC brands. If you want to see your writing out there in the world (think subways, stores, podcasts, and television), we encourage you to apply.
What you’ll do
- You’ll play a pivotal role in evolving and disseminating the Brooklinen brand voice by writing clear, detailed copy that also embodies our witty and approachable personality
- Help concept and execute campaigns on a quarterly basis (both product launches and promotional events) based off of larger marketing goals, advising on copy across digital, print, video, and out of home channels
- Write and edit site copy including product descriptions for web; create keyword-rich content, tag lines and product descriptions to engage customers and optimize for SEO
- Write and edit compelling and segmented marketing emails with the goal of maximizing open rate, click-through rate and conversion
- Write and edit ads and captions for our organic and paid social channels (in partnership with our Social Media team)
- Write and edit clear, concise, and compelling audio copy for podcast, radio and television channels
- Maintain the brand tone of voice across multiple channels, ensuring consistency in messaging while striving to push the boundaries and find new and clever ways to communicate with our customer
We're looking for someone who brings
- 3+ years of copy experience, particularly in the consumer goods or e-commerce space
- Prior experience writing product copy as well as marketing copy (email, Facebook, etc)
- Adaptability to adapt when working on a broad range of projects (knows the difference between a compelling subject line, witty social caption and an e-commerce product description or long-form brand story)
- Experience tailoring and differentiating between channels
- Skills in translating data and insights into creative execution
- A smart, funny, super-organized, collaborative nature and enjoys wearing many hats - our perfect team member is someone who is as comfortable coming up with ideas as they are executing
- Strong attention to detail in copyediting and proofreading
- SEO & SEM knowledge is a plus
- Passion for interior design and textiles is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.