We’re excited to be looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our rapidly growing Creative team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in August 2021 - this is not a permanent remote role). Reporting to our Associate Art Director, you will assist in creating, editing and producing best-in-class digital assets across emails, digital ads and social media. Our team is dedicated to translating our brand vision into beautiful and compelling digital assets and we are hoping to find someone with that same passion!
This role is perfect for you if you are passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences with the ability to translate plain copy text with provided photo assets into compelling branded typographic hierarchies that are appealing to our target audiences. Junior Designers will gain a great amount of digital experience with mentorship from seasoned designers & art directors while contributing to the constant evolution of the Brooklinen brand!
What you’ll do
- Design a variety of digital assets across emails, social images and digital ads.
- Create, test and implement designs and layouts with a focus on sales conversion
- Collaborate with the larger design team in translating our brand vision into impactful digital assets across all customer touch points
- Create and edit daily segmented emails in order to highlight product launches, promotions, and retention education
- Maintain consistency and alignment in our brand voice and identity across all creative content
We’re looking for someone who brings
- 1-2 years of digital design work experience (in-house internship experience also accepted)
- Genuine passion for all things design and branding.
- Basic understanding of web design, photo retouching and color correcting
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator; exposure to Sketch/Figma is a plus
- Strong collaborative, time management and communication skills
- Motion graphics experience is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.