We're seeking an ambitious and resourceful problem-solver to join our Customer Experience team based out of our headquarters in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in the office this fall!). We have built our brand on our unrivaled customer service and personal touch, and our ideal candidate is someone who can represent the Brooklinen brand, problem-solve independently, and use strong judgment in every interaction.
This is the perfect gig for a service-oriented, self-driven individual looking to contribute to a fast-paced startup.
What you'll do
- Deliver exceptional customer service through phone, email, text, social media, and live chat, constantly striving to make things better, faster and smoother for the customers
- Take a service- and solution-oriented approach to all interactions, using strong judgment to balance being policy-driven with making it right for the customer
- Advocate on behalf of the customer to ensure a consistent and valuable experience for each customer
- Recommend product improvements based on customer feedback, using both qualitative stories and quantified data
- Liaise cross-departmentally between Customer Experience, Operations, Marketing and Product teams
- Identify opportunities and drive solutions to enable efficiency, specifically thinking about automation and improved back office tools for your team
What we're looking for
- 1+ years in customer service or a service-oriented role (at a startup is a major plus, e-commerce is even better)
- Ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and enthusiastically via phone, email, and chat
- Strong judgment and a service- and solution-oriented approach
- General tech-savviness
- Someone affable and adaptable with a positive attitude!
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching in 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.