We’re looking for an energetic and process-driven Operations Associate to join our rapidly-growing Operations team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting to our Senior Manager, Logistics, you’ll oversee daily inbound shipment volume by tracking and tracing shipments from our vendors to our warehouses, in order to ensure that our shipments are delivered in full and on time. You’ll grow to become our expert in transportation management, issue resolution, and inventory availability.
The most exciting part? You’ll be joining our team as we take our inbound logistics program into the future (think systems revamps and innovative dashboards), in order to bring our product to customers faster than ever. So if you’re an operations enthusiast who is energized by new challenges, driven by deadlines and processes, and excited to create the best experience for Brooklinen customers, then this is the job for you.
What you’ll do
- Work cross-functionally with our freight forwarders and vendors to ensure our shipments are being picked up on time, in full
- Oversee daily inbound shipment volume, ensuring full containers and trucks are delivered to our warehouses on time
- Ensure our ERP system is up-to-date with in-transit shipments, and reconcile receipts on a daily basis
- Provide impactful reporting on our partners’ performance by ensuring data integrity (you’ll develop an understanding of the interdependencies between our systems, data, and process)
- Provide weekly reporting on our in-transit shipments to our 3PLs, to ensure appointments are scheduled
- Monthly KPI measurement - ensure our SLAs and KPIs are meeting expectations
- Assist with developing our Shipment Compliance Library, for audit representation
We're looking for someone with
- 1+ years of inbound operations experience
- ERP experience
- Experience working with freight forwarders, 3PLs, and vendors
- Intermediate Excel skills, with strong analytical skills
- A process- and deadline-driven mindset
- Production and/or WMS, OMS experience is a plus
- The ability to be highly organized, work autonomously, and have a strong attention to detail
- A genuine excitement to roll up your sleeves, dive in, and grow a career in operations in the DTC space
- The Brooklinen way: inclusive, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.