We’re excited to be looking for a Media Buyer to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021 - this is not a permanent remote role). Reporting to our Growth Marketing Manager of Audio, you will manage our audio network relationships, negotiations and sourcing initiatives. This is an opportunity to drive our overall marketing strategy by building relationships with top performing media outlets and taking our customer acquisition to new heights!
This role is perfect for you if you are detail-oriented, passionate about podcasts and radio, enjoy developing relationships and are excited to grow your marketing experience in a strategic and fun environment.
What you’ll do
- Play a critical role in securing media placements, negotiating rates, coordinating product send outs and invoicing orders
- Build and maintain relationships with podcast & radio networks to introduce and onboard them to the Brooklinen brand
- Coordinate advertisement schedules and buys to support specific channel and sales strategies
- Proactively source and present new media placement opportunities to the larger audio team
- Provide up-to-date advertisement content to all media partners in a timely and organized fashion
- Perform air checks to ensure quality ad reads for all placements
- Attend relevant conferences to network with creatives, scale our media presence and improve customer acquisition
We're looking for someone who brings
- 0-2 years of work or internship experience in marketing or media buying; radio and podcasts is a plus
- Demonstrated history of successful relationship management, negotiations skills and budgeting
- Eagerness to learn about media buying; enthusiasm about podcasts and radio
- Ability to autonomously prioritize tedious tasks and responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Confidence in speaking and coordinating directly with external media partners
- Understanding of growth marketing key performance indicators is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen it’s our mission to bring comfort to all by delivering simple, beautiful, and high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 80,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.