We’re currently looking for a proactive, detail-oriented, and passionate Public Relations Associate to join our growing PR team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). If you’re craving a creative communications role at a high-growth company, then read on: here, your autonomy and growth are prioritized, and we’ll encourage you to share and execute on ideas that excite you.
You’ll maintain flow of product news, promotion of sales events, and other business initiatives (like new store openings), with a particular focus on the regional level. You’ll also provide logistical support on events and partnerships. As you grow with us, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and take on larger projects.
If you’re a media enthusiast who spends your days immersed in ongoing news cycles, pop culture, and celebrity memes, then this role might just be perfect for you.
What you’ll do
- Support brand PR strategy with wide-ranging press outreach including print, broadcast, and online media; help to secure coverage by fulfilling sample, image, and interview requests
- Maintain a current database of media contacts, organized by medium, location, and news beat
- Leverage news and media savvy to secure product features in relevant media publications, with a focus on regional coverage
- Initiate drafting of core press materials needed to generate press coverage supporting brand announcements including key messaging, fact sheets, press releases, and creative pitches
- Support event production needs (regional and national) including coordination, product trafficking, vendor management + invoicing, budget management, briefing books, and staffing
We’re looking for someone who has
- 1+ years of PR, communications, events, and/or marketing experience in a professional setting (internships count!)
- Strong media relationships in B2C
- Demonstrated history of securing tone-setting and compelling coverage
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills. Can communicate professionally, effectively, and concisely with ease (grammar nerds very welcome)
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- A low-ego, kind, and empathetic demeanor
- Excellent time-management; a plus if you’re energized by deadlines
- Adaptability: can quickly shift gears mid-flight + can adapt pitching to the publication
- A plus: event management and/or partnerships experience
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.