We’re excited to be looking for a Senior Manager of Product Development to join our rapidly-growing team in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting to our VP of Merchandising, you’ll manage the product development process (from design to launch!) and work cross-functionally to translate Brooklinen’s designs into finished products.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you have an obsession with the details and meeting deadlines, are a creative and resourceful problem solver, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you’re excited about driving Brooklinen’s product development process, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Maintain and create product development calendars to ensure key milestones are met and product launches are delivered within schedule
- Partner with our Design team to troubleshoot manufacturing issues that may arise and deliver product that meets our design aesthetic
- Collaborate with our Operations and Production teams to facilitate the hand-off from product development to production
- Track and communicate cost and margin updates with an understanding of cost engineering
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, efficient manufacturing, and construction that meet our quality expectations
- Facilitate strong external and internal communication around product and specs; manage the handover of clean product specs to Production
- Build strong relationships with our key suppliers and sourcing partners; communicate with vendors on a regular basis throughout the development process to ensure finished goods meet our planned schedules and quality standards
- Source options for materials, components, and techniques that are on-brand, within cost, and compliant with performance standards to prevent a lapse in production
We're looking for someone who brings
- 6+ years of product development or sourcing experience in the fashion or home space; prior experience in apparel with knowledge of garment construction and specs, or home goods experience is a must
- Strong knowledge of sourcing, sampling, and the costing process
- Prior experience with Excel/Google Sheets and PLM systems; familiarity with Monday.com, Shopify, Netsuite ERP, and cloud-based PLMs (Backbone, WFX, etc.) is a plus
- Prior experience leading and growing a team
- Experience with consumables categories such as candles/home fragrance, laundry or cosmetics
- Someone who is highly organized, an excellent communicator, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a global environment
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.