When Brooklinen was founded over five years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. Our goal was to deliver the maximum value to our customers, cutting out anything that didn’t add value for them. Over the last five years, we’ve stayed laser-focused on building our ecommerce business to deliver on this. Our latest exciting chapter has been our foray into physical stores, starting with our successful Williamsburg storefront that opened earlier this year. Our store has been so successful, in fact, that we're growing our Retail team - and that's where you come in.
This is an exciting time to join the Brooklinen Retail family: you'll be an integral part of our very first permanent store location, meaning you'll help shape the retail experience for our customers today, and your insight and feedback might help shape our future stores as well. You’ll love this role if you’re as obsessed as we are with making people’s homes a happy, comfortable place - and providing amazing customer experiences along the way.
What you’ll do
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience is delivered 100% of the time
- Act as a Brooklinen brand ambassador, always putting the customer first
- Engage with loyal customers IRL and form new customer relationships
- Educate customers on our product assortment, brand history, and value proposition
- Work in the back of house to receive and organize inventory
- Assist with the visual merchandising of the store and product
- Support the planning and execution of in-store special events
We're looking for someone with
- 1-3 years of experience in a retail (or service-oriented) environment - this being said, we believe people with all types of experience could be great in this role and will be looking to the application screenings questions as well as resumes to make our decisions!
- The ability to communicate clearly, confidently, and enthusiastically
- Strong judgment and a service- and solution-oriented approach
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Someone who is passionate, inclusive, and positive
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits for our full-time team members (with fully company-paid options), 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.