We’re very excited to be looking for a Senior Copywriter to join our rapidly-growing team in Dumbo, Brooklinen (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting to our Senior Manager of Copy, you’ll create witty and compelling copy that delivers strategically across both our digital and physical channels. This is a unique opportunity to help evolve the written and spoken voice of a leading DTC brand and to see your work out in the world - from subway campaigns to emails that are bound to pop into your inbox!
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re excited about interior design and home goods, have experience creating customer-facing copy in a fast-paced environment, and are someone who is both empathetic and has a great sense of humor. If you’re passionate about helping evolve the brand voice of Brooklinen, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Play a pivotal role in evolving and maintaining the Brooklinen brand voice by writing clear, detailed copy that also embodies our witty and approachable personality
- You'll work cross-functionally with Product, Growth, Marketing, Ecomm, Store (and more!) teams to conceptualize and execute campaigns and product launches on our various channels
- Partner closely with our Senior Manager of Copy to concept campaigns and messaging across digital, print, video, and out of home channels; write and edit copy for campaigns that pushes our brand personality forward while clearly communicating product benefits
- Maintain our brand tone of voice across all channels to ensure consistency in messaging while finding new and creative ways to communicate with our customers
- Be a great partner and mentor to our incredible team of copywriters
We're looking for someone who brings
- 5+ years of copy experience in the consumer goods or ecommerce space; prior experience writing copy for large brand initiatives, product descriptions, OOH, banner ads, and direct mail campaigns is a plus
- The ability to consistently deliver effective copy in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Someone who has excellent grammar, editing, and proofreading skills
- Prior experience mentoring others is a plus
- Someone who has a great sense of humor and is both highly organized and collaborative
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.