We’re growing our Social Media team and are on the lookout for a creative, driven, and passionate Social Media Associate, Content Creation to join our team based in Brooklyn, NY (currently remote and expected to be back in August 2021!). Reporting to our Social Media and Editorial Manager, our Social Media Associate, Content Creation will create organic visual social media content for all of Brooklinen’s social channels, including Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok.
You’ll help to grow our existing social channels by generating ideas, creating assets, and analyzing metrics to identify successes and opportunities. Best of all? You’ll be given creative freedom, as part of a small team, to ideate and execute on ideas that excite you.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you live and breathe content creation and are quick to identify a new social trend. If you’ve got an eye for successful brand strategies, are naturally aware of opportunities in the social media space, and are filled with ideas for Brooklinen’s social strategy, then we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll do
- Follow emerging social media trends and platforms and make recommendations for content creation
- Create visual social media content for different social channels, including Instagram account (main grid, stories, and reels), Pinterest, and TikTok
- Ideate social content on a day-to-day basis and assist with social storytelling for product launches and promotions, while reflecting Brooklinen’s brand and mission
- Assist with community management: help keep communication flowing through Instagram DMs, likes and comments, and work to mitigate any related issues
- Track social analytics and organic growth and report on key insights from testing different pieces of content
- Perform administrative tasks related to daily social media management, including but not limited to: managing, planning, and automating posts to Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of relevant experience in social media (relevant internships count!)
- Passion for and interest in home category and interior design trends
- Direct experience working with Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter
- Ability to craft engaging stories and lifestyle content centered on Brooklinen product and marketing goals
- Ability to write copy for a variety of marketing platforms in a playful Gen-Z brand voice
- Experience with digital design platforms (or openness to learning them)
- Comfort and interest with appearing on camera on Instagram or YouTube content
- A curious self-starter who is bursting with content ideas
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience in customer communication is a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.