We’re looking for a strategically-minded, team-oriented Finance and Strategy Analyst to join our team in Dumbo, Brooklyn (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting into our VP of Finance, you’ll support growing finance-related responsibilities and new company initiatives, notably within merchandising and inventory planning.
As part of a small team in our rapidly growing company, you’ll be given opportunities to learn and share solutions across the organization. You’ll use data to create and uncover new insights that drive improvements in product and merchandising strategy, as well as the broader business.
This will be a high-impact role, involved in new special projects that support the continued growth and evolution of Brooklinen. If you have a knack for uncovering insights, are bursting with ideas for Brooklinen’s growth and evolution, and are eager to bring those ideas to the table, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll do
- Support financial reporting and analyses, including preparing insights to investors and other financial partners and helping to maintain those relationships
- Drive Brooklinen’s inventory planning process, including optimizing for sales and cash flow across a dynamic supply chain
- Create merchandising insights that help drive improvements across finance, merchandising, marketing and operations
- Partner with teams across the organization to interpret revenue and cost drivers, create budgets, and help execute on cross-functional work
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support special projects
- Develop new insights and deeper understanding of the business; improve collaboration across the organization
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years of experience in investment banking or strategy consulting
- Proficiency across Microsoft Office, with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with and passion for consumer e-commerce and retail business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Love for problem-solving and willingness to dig a level deeper to uncover new insights and understanding
- High attention to detail
- Empathetic, team-oriented approach
- Programming skills (SQL) are a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
- Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.