We’re very excited to be looking for a Director of Technology (Infrastructure) to join our rapidly-growing team in Dumbo, Brooklyn (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting to our VP of Finance, you’ll lead the building, maintenance, and optimization of our evolving tech stack and develop our tech strategy and roadmap.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re experienced in the management of large and small cross-functional IT projects, have a strong bias for action, and thrive in a lean, agile environment. If this sounds like you and you’re excited to oversee Brooklinen’s tech strategy, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Lead the operations, planning, and budgeting of our information technology function
- Help to maintain critical systems, preventing downtime, and developing a disaster recovery plan
- Be a timely resource for information technology needs across the company
- Ensure our tech systems are aligned with company objectives and growth goals; establish best practices
- Maintain and continually improve our ERP (Netsuite)
- Oversee cybersecurity, including helping to manage the investigation and resolution of data security incidents
- Develop, track, and report KPIs for a variety of stakeholders
- Develop a plan for continued growth and development of our IT team
We're looking for someone who brings
- 8+ years of progressive IT experience; prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile DTC business
- A Bachelor's Degree in computer science, IT, or a related field; graduate degree is a plus
- Prior experience managing others and being a great people leader
- Prior experience with Netsuite, Shopify, Snowflake, and Looker is a plus
- Knowledge of IT costing, budgeting, risk management, and financial analysis is a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to clearly communicate complex information, and an empathetic style
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.