We’re looking for a data-driven Strategy Analyst to join our team in Dumbo, Brooklyn (currently remote and expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting into our Chief of Staff, you’ll support managing, analyzing and growing new Brooklinen initiatives. We are looking for someone who loves to deep-dive into the numbers and report takeaways to inform business decisions. Do you want to help us optimize margin by sales channel? Choose where to open our next store? If so, this may be the job for you. A deep level of curiosity and enthusiasm are a must, as well.
Our Strategy Analyst will participate in many special projects that support the continued growth and evolution of Brooklinen. As part of a small team in our rapidly growing company, you’ll be given opportunities to learn, share solutions, and improve collaboration across the organization. If you have a knack for uncovering insights and are eager to bring your ideas to the table, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to Brooklinen’s overall goals by helping run special projects and providing insightful business analysis across teams
- Help manage company-wide strategic initiative workflow, communicating business progress and insights to stakeholders across the company and ensuring key milestones are being hit
- Provide insights on the health of our existing business channels to our Chief of Staff through ad-hoc analyses
- Help our Chief of Staff execute on new growth channels, communicating progress or changes from other departments
- Help with non-DTC channel growth, but also optimize our inventory process to ensure our evergreen products are always in stock for these channels
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, or FP&A
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint with proficiency across the other Microsoft Suite applications
- Experience with and passion for consumer e-commerce and retail business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Love for problem-solving, curiosity and willingness to go the extra mile to uncover new insights and understanding
- Agility and prioritization skills
- Team-oriented mindset
- Programming skills (SQL) are a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.