We’re very excited to be looking for a Merchandiser & Buyer to join our rapidly-growing team in (currently remote!) Dumbo, Brooklyn. In this role, you’ll support our VP of Merchandising in executing the strategy of our product launches and oversee the buying for our Spaces by Brooklinen marketplace.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you have an excellent product sensibility, are someone who enjoys creative problem solving, and have a passion for home and interiors. If you’re excited to help shape Brooklinen’s product strategy and vision, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Assist with product strategy and execution of line plan creation, price changes, and assortment updates to ensure product stays on calendar and is delivered on time
- Assist in managing and distributing weekly, monthly, quarterly sales and competitive market analysis to help formulate product strategy
- Own the buying for our Spaces marketplace; drive assortment planning, merchandising, vendor management, open-to-buy monitoring, pricing, cost negotiations, and inventory management to achieve sales and profitability targets
- Partner across the organization to drive merchandising strategies; ensure that product information is clearly communicated to all cross functional partners to support a more efficient and customer focused workflow
We're looking for someone who brings
- 4+ years of merchandising experience; vertical retailer or multi-vendor experience with an understanding of both the OTB and product development process
- Strong sense of product and a deep understanding of the retail landscape within our category
- Exceptional analytical skills an expert working with Excel
- The ability to take initiative, creatively problem solve, and clearly communicate ideas
- Someone who has a thoughtful approach to their work and the willingness to go the extra mile
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.