We’re looking for our first COO to join our leadership team and oversee a number of critical areas of our business including Operations, Finance, Technology, and Legal & Compliance. Our ideal candidate has led these functions before and knows how to bring them together to improve our company operations, technology, workflows, and structure in order to achieve our company goals.
We have (or plan to hire) strong teams in place for each functional area, so this role is about leading those teams to achieve our OKRs and partnering with them to solve our business’s most critical challenges as we scale.
What you’ll do
- Lead our existing Operations (supply chain, inventory planning, logistics) and Finance teams to achieving company goals; partner with our leaders to continue building out these teams and actively measure performance
- Structure, build out, and ramp up new functional areas; for 2021 this will include new Technology/Infrastructure and Legal/Compliance teams
- Develop a technology and infrastructure strategy leveraging industry best practices in applications, software and system platforms
- Partner with other critical functions across the organization such as Marketing, Ecommerce, and Design/Product Development to identify organizational workflow blockers and find solutions to keep the company on course to achieve KPIs
- Work with the CEO to take our company goals and operationalize them across the company; co-lead annual goal setting with OKRs and measure performance and business health on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis from 10,000 feet and then down to the details
We're looking for someone who brings
- Prior executive-level experience and 15+ years of career experience; prior experience in a high-growth, inventory based business strongly preferred
- Deep expertise and prior leadership experience in the areas this role oversees (supply chain, logistics, financial and inventory planning, legal/compliance, and technology/infrastructure)
- Exceptional leadership skills; someone who has studied and implemented what it means to be an inspiring, strategic, and supportive leader
- Someone with a track record of implementing the appropriate systems, organizational structures, and processes to achieve the organization’s KPIs; an expert collaborator who can solve for this across their own teams and others
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.