We’re looking for a motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented Junior Retoucher to join our rapidly-growing team in (currently remote!) Dumbo, Brooklyn. You’ll be the second addition to our in-house Retouching function, and will play a vital role on our small-but-mighty Creative team.
This isn’t your typical retouching position - you’ll be working on something new nearly every day and will collaborate often with a Creative team that values input from all its members. You’ll be given opportunities to problem solve, input meaningfully in our creative process, and participate in shaping our brand’s visual identity.
This role is perfect for a self-motivated individual with a genuine excitement for retouching others’ images. If that sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll do
- Retouch product silos while preserving the realistic nature of the assets (we like to keep it real)
- Assist our Retoucher in preparing lifestyle images
- Collaborate with the Creative team on editing solutions for each story and launch
- Pair with others on the Creative team to maintain our digital archives: assist with keywording and asset organization
- As needed: on-set studio assisting (currently, mainly over Zoom) and digital capture
We're looking for someone who brings
- 1-2 years of retouching experience
- A high level of familiarity and comfort in Photoshop
- Experience with Bridge and CaptureOne (CaptureOne certified is a plus)
- Prior experience retouching both product silos and lifestyle/editorial images
- Prior experience with RGB and CMYK visual assets, understanding of color adjusting and matching
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Prior experience working with DAM/digital image archive systems is a plus
- Video capture and processing experience is a plus
- A self-motivated, resourceful, and positive attitude
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.