We’re excited to be looking for a Junior Staff Accountant to join our rapidly-growing team in (currently remote!) Dumbo, Brooklyn. Reporting to our VP of Finance, you’ll help with daily upkeep of our accounting systems and assist in the coordination of inventory payments to increase the speed of our monthly close process.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you are driven by a curiosity to learn and are eager to improve processes and systems. If you're passionate about joining a finance team at one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies, we'd love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Clear accounting feeds to ensure accurate FP&A across the business
- Ensure accurate accounting and systems information within Netsuite
- Support the team with accounting reconciliations during the monthly close process
- Support our inventory and vendor payment process by reviewing and confirming payments and communicating with external contacts
We're looking for someone who brings
- 2+ years of bookkeeping and accounting experience
- Previous experience working with an ecommerce or retail business is a plus!
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus
- Someone who is meticulous, has a strong attention to detail, and learns quickly
- Strong time management and communication skills
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.