We’re excited to be looking for a Video Editor to join our rapidly growing team in (currently remote!) DUMBO, Brooklyn. Reporting to our Senior Manager, Creative Production, you’ll work alongside our amazing in-house creative team to edit and finalize video content for Brooklinen.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you have experience with end-to-end video production for an in-house team, are a creative and conceptual thinker, and are passionate about joining a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Edit and finalize video content for short-form video projects for the Brooklinen site, paid social, and organic social; optimize video content for different platforms
- Shoot short-form video content both on set during photo shoots and separately
- Aid in the process of end-to-end production and logistics for video projects with the creative team
- Edit video content and work closely with the Senior Producer to bring campaign video projects to life
- Collaborate with the team on concept development, writing, editing
- Partner with the creative team to create and animate graphics for videos as needed
- Develop and maintain a system for organizing and maintaining video archives
We're looking for someone who brings
- 3+ years video editing and shooting experience on a small team (in-house preferred)
- Experience with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Motion graphics experience is a plus!
- Conceptual thinking and excellent multitasking skills
- Someone who is meticulous, technical, highly organized, scrappy, and creative
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.