We’re excited to be looking for a Director of Customer Experience to join our rapidly-growing team in (currently remote!) DUMBO, Brooklyn. Reporting to our SVP of Operations & CX, you'll oversee our customer experience team and lead our CX strategy across retail, wholesale, and ecommerce. In addition, you’ll partner cross-functionally to ensure that we keep our customers at the center of everything we do. If this sounds like you, we hope you’ll apply!
What you’ll do
- Own our customer experience strategy across all current and future channels including retail, wholesale, and ecommerce; determine where CX strategies/policies should be consistent and where it should be adapted to make sense for each channel
- Own customer experience training efforts and implement a robust, scalable program for growth; create a strategy and work with our existing team to share (always changing) product knowledge
- Partner with our two CX Managers to analyze staffing levels and models and evolve them to meet the expected (and unexpected) needs of the business; analyze the right balance of in-house vs. BPO team members
- Lead and mentor 3+ direct reports; in addition to developing direct reports, and continue to iterate on the roles, responsibilities, and growth frameworks we have in place today for our 8+ person team
- Partner cross functionally to advocate for the best customer experience possible and ensure functional decisions outside of CX are made with the customer in mind
- Improve mechanisms of delivering data-driven insights to cross-functional teams and set up workflows to incorporate cross-functional events into CX workforce planning
- Use data to find opportunities in improving CSAT & CES, reducing AHT and cost per conversation.
We're looking for someone with
- 8+ years of experience in customer experience; retail, wholesale, and ecommerce experience is a plus
- 5+ years prior management and team leadership experience; someone who has mentored and developed past reports is a must
- Exceptional analytical skills; a track record of improving customer experience KPIs in previous roles
- Prior experience scaling an in-house and BPO team; experience leading training efforts
- The ability to execute and influence across the organization
- Passion for the Brooklinen story, product, and customer, and a vision for how we can continue to create an above and beyond customer experience
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.