We’re very excited to bring on a VP of Merchandising to oversee our Design, Product Development, and Merchandising teams and lead our product and merchandising strategy. In addition to developing assortments that meet our business goals, you’ll lead our cross-functional teams in sharing those product stories across our business channels. If this sounds like you and you have a passion for home and interiors, we hope you’ll apply!
What you’ll do
- Drive and execute Brooklinen’s product strategy, creating assortments that meet our sales and margin goals
- Own our product development calendar and ensure products launch on time in collaboration with other key stakeholders
- Prioritize key items and categories to launch each year based on strategic objectives, past performance, customer insights, and trend forecasts
- Analyze our business and keep a pulse on top performing products, categories, colors, patterns, etc. to inform future collections; lead weekly and monthly performance meetings in partnership with our planning team
- Partner across the organization, especially with marketing and creative, to develop a seasonal marketing strategy that supports our new products, their value proposition, and our key investments
- Mentor and develop your team made up of designers, product developers, and merchandisers; set the team’s goals and vision, enabling them to do their best work and continue to grow with our company
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of merchandising experience; 5+ years with a vertical retailer a plus
- 5+ years prior management and team leadership experience; ideally someone who has also lead design and product development professionals in addition to merchandising teams
- A strong product sense with a passion for interior design and home
- Exceptional analytical skills and business acumen; a track record of combining performance data with trend analysis and customer insights to meet business goals
- A clear passion for the Brooklinen product, story, and customer - as well as a vision for its evolution
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.