We’re looking for a strategic, team-oriented Finance and Strategy Analyst to join our (currently remote!) team in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Reporting into our Director of Finance, you’ll help identify and create new revenue-generating opportunities, partner with teams to generate cost savings, and develop insights that help improve and transform the business. As part of a small team in our rapidly growing company, you’ll be given opportunities to learn and share solutions across the organization.
Our Finance and Strategy Analyst will participate in many special projects that support the continued growth and evolution of Brooklinen. If you’re eager to join the finance team of an e-commerce brand, we can't wait to meet you!
What you’ll do
- Contribute to Brooklinen’s overall goals by providing insightful financial analysis
- Support the development of the annual operating budget and long-term strategic growth plans
- Provide insights to investors and other financial partners and help to maintain those relationships
- Partner with teams across the organization to interpret revenue and cost drivers, create budgets, and help execute on cross-functional work
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support special projects
- Build business intelligence to improve company-wide decision-making
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, or FP&A
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with and passion for consumer e-commerce and retail business
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Love for problem-solving and willingness to go the extra mile to uncover new insights and understanding
- Team-oriented mindset and a client service-based approach
- Programming skills are a plus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture. Click here to learn more about what we're doing to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching in 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.