We’re growing our organic Social team and are on the lookout for a creative, driven, and passionate Social Media Associate to join our (currently remote!) team based in Brooklyn, NY. Reporting to our Social Media and Editorial Manager, our Social Media Associate will support all aspects of our organic social media strategy. You’ll help to grow our existing social channels by generating ideas, creating assets, and analyzing metrics to identify successes and opportunities. You’ll expand our editorial efforts by assisting with our blog, sourcing images, and posting articles. You’ll partner with our Paid Marketing team to identify opportunities for influencer relationships and brand partnerships. And best of all? You’ll be given creative freedom, as part of a small team, to ideate and execute on ideas that excite you.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you live and breathe social media and are quick to identify a new social trend. If you’ve got an eye for successful brand strategies, are naturally aware of opportunities in the social media space, and are filled with ideas for Brooklinen’s social strategy, then we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll do
- Assist our team in creating social assets and stories and growing our organic social presence
- Work closely with the Paid Marketing team in order to leverage influencer content on our organic social channels
- Assist with community management: help keep communication flowing in our DMs and Instagram comments and work to mitigate any related issues
- Help to strategize our Pinterest presence, growing a channel with huge business potential
- Track social analytics and organic growth and report on key metrics of success and opportunity
- Source and review images with a photographic eye
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years of relevant experience working in social media (relevant internships count!)
- An inherent passion for social media and the ability to identify trends and opportunities in the space
- A self-starter with lots of ideas and an eagerness to implement them
- Willingness and openness to learn new programs and software
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A plus if you have editorial and/or interviewing experience
- Photographic eye and editing skills (Photoshop and/or Sketch experience are a plus)
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching in 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.