We’re currently looking for an organized, proactive, and passionate Public Relations Associate to join our growing PR team (currently remote!), typically based in Brooklyn, NY. Are you craving a creative communications role at a high-growth company? Then read on: here, your autonomy and growth are our priority, and we’ll encourage you to share and execute on ideas you are excited by. You’ll help develop strategic pitching cadence, help maintain flow of product news, and help to promote sales events + business strategies. You’ll also provide logistical support on events and partnerships.
If you’re a media enthusiast who spends your days immersed in street fashion blogs, pop culture, and celebrity memes (while staying on the pulse of the current news cycle), then this role might just be perfect for you.
What you’ll do
- Support brand PR strategy with wide-ranging press outreach including print, broadcast, and online media; help to secure coverage by fulfilling sample, image, and interview requests
- Maintain a current database of media contacts, organized by medium, location, and news beat
- Use news and media savvy to secure product features in relevant media publications
- Initiate drafting of core press materials needed to generate press coverage supporting brand announcements including key messaging, fact sheets, press releases, and creative pitches
- Support event production needs including coordination, product trafficking, vendor management + invoicing, budget management, briefing books, and staffing
- Develop recap strategy to make sure that internal teams are informed of industry, media, and competitor news; as well as thought leadership opportunities and awards; and highlight new/interesting opportunities for the brand
We’re looking for someone who has
- BA/BS in PR/Marketing/Journalism/Communications or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of PR, communications, events, and/or marketing experience in a professional setting (internships count!)
- Demonstrated history of securing tone-setting and compelling coverage
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills. Can communicate professionally, effectively, and concisely with ease (grammar nerds very welcome)
- A low-ego, kind, and empathetic demeanor
- Excellent time-management; a plus if you’re energized by deadlines
- Adaptability: can quickly shift gears mid-flight + can adapt pitching to the publication
- A plus: event management and/or partnerships experience
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how we’ve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching in 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.