We’re searching for an organized, friendly, and detail-oriented Sr. Associate of Office Management to join our quickly growing office in Brooklyn, NY. As the first person in this role, you’ll foster a welcoming, positive, and seamlessly-run office environment for our team and visitors. If you're the type of person who never lets a friend's birthday go unnoticed, considers organizing a form of self-care, and is the go-to for family party planning, we think you'll love it here.
You will be the gatekeeper of what makes Brooklinen such a great place to work: you’ll not only keep our office running smoothly by organizing mail, visitors, and desk setup; you’ll also organize team happy hours (on the rooftop when weather permits!), company-wide outings and parties, employee appreciation gestures (we take birthdays and work anniversaries very seriously here), volunteer events, and more.
In addition, you’ll help to guide our new hires’ onboarding, from desk setup to welcome treats and beyond, helping all employees feel supported as they grow with us. You’ll become the “go-to” for our (amazing) team, so an inherent passion for helping others is a must.
What you’ll do
- Maintain an organized, tidy, and smoothly-run office environment by working with a variety of services/vendors
- Field requests and maintain inventory levels for office supplies, tech, snacks, and other ad-hoc requests
- Greet visitors, liaise with building management, and develop relationships with external vendors
- Coordinate in-bound and out-bound office mail
- Own our new hires onboarding experience (from desk setup to welcome treats and beyond), ensuring all new team members feel welcomed and supported when they join
- Oversee team milestone celebrations: first-day lunches, birthday surprises, congratulatory cupcakes, and more
- Partner with the People team to coordinate office events, both onsite and offsite, from Halloween parties to all-team volunteer days to summer lunch-hour picnics with the team dogs
- Maintain our positive office vibes by supervising the music and organizing team “guest DJ” days
We’re looking for someone who…
- Has prior experience managing or coordinating an office environment and interfacing with external vendors
- Has experience managing inventory levels and adhering to budgets
- Technology troubleshooting skills (yes, sometimes that’s just “Googling it” until you figure it out)
- Is naturally outgoing and kind; must be comfortable greeting visitors and interfacing both remotely and in-person with external vendors
- Is self-motivated, but a true team player
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills, and practiced follow-up skills
- Is an organization enthusiast. Do you destress by organizing? Then you’ll get along just fine here.
- A plus if you are familiar with Asana (or similar) and Managed By Q (or similar).
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.