We’re currently looking for an organized, proactive, and passionate PR Associate to join our rapidly growing team in Brooklyn, NY. Are you hungry to grow and craving a creative communications role at a high-growth company? Then read on: from day one, you’ll support our PR and partnerships team by executing media outreach to drive brand awareness + loyalty through strategic press placements. You’ll maintain flow of product news and promotion of sales and business events. Not only will you play a key logistical role on outreach, events, and partnerships; you’ll also have the freedom to concept and execute on brand placement ideas of your own.
What you’ll do
- Support brand PR strategy with wide-ranging press outreach including print, broadcast, and online media; securing coverage by fulfilling sample, image, and interview requests.
- Develop and nurture ongoing relationships with (and maintain an organized database of) key media contacts, driving targeted media coverage that’s both proactive and reactive.
- Use news and media savvy to secure product features in relevant media publications (do you spend hours immersed in celebrity memes, TikTok, and street fashion blogs? We consider that a plus).
- Draft core press materials supporting brand announcements: key messaging, fact sheets, press releases, and creative pitches.
- Support event production needs including coordination, product trafficking, vendor management + invoicing, budget management, briefing books, and staffing.
- As you grow, you’ll help us develop a recap strategy that informs our internal team of industry, media, and competitor news; educates on thought leadership opportunities and awards; and highlights interesting opportunities for the brand.
We’re looking for someone who has
- BA/BS in PR/Marketing/Journalism/Communications required
- 1+ years of PR, communications, events, and/or marketing experience in a professional setting.
- Track record of securing top brand placements in lifestyle and/or home publications.
- Experience drafting formal media-facing and executive-ready documents.
- First-rate organizational and multitasking skills; meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management; a plus if you’re energized by deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing situations.
- Superior communication skills: interpersonal, verbal, and written (grammar nerds more than welcome).
- A plus: familiarity with key PR platforms such as Cision and Trendkite.
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.