We’re currently looking for a Creative Director to join our leadership team and lead our 12-person design, copy, and creative production team. Through this team, you’ll drive our brand’s creative vision and uphold and evolve our visual identity across channels. This is a unique opportunity to join a design-forward, irreverent, and leading DTC brand that truly values (and leverages) in-house creative for all that we do.
You’re the perfect fit for this role if you truly love to lead others and collaborate across teams - and have the creative vision, taste level, and performance mindset to drive our brand forward.
What you’ll do
- Lead and scale our super talented design, copy/content, and creative production team responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and delivering all brand assets (we do all of our creative work in-house at Brooklinen, so our team truly works on everything, including OOH, print, video, digital, and retail environments)
- Drive creative delivery for large-scale creative projects from concept to execution - some examples include our next subway campaign, a full packaging refresh, and seasonal brand campaigns (and this is just the tip of the iceberg!)
- Become a trusted partner to our internal team, leading the development of stunning, on-brand, business-driving creative assets that meet each team's individual needs
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams on product roadmap and translate product and UX vision into innovative, best-in-class site design that communicates brand values while also driving conversion
- As we continue to expand into brick-and-mortar, ideate on the translation of our digital brand into physical retail spaces (with an eye for experiential design)
- Keep pace with seasonal product launches and deliver cross-channel creative campaigns around new products that engage and excite our customers and drive sales
- Oversee the photo and video team on shoots; align on deliverables and art direct shoots
- Bring a performance mindset to the creative process, understanding what creative works and resonates and striking a balance between a brand-driven and performance-driven approach
- Actively lead, mentor, and develop our amazing team; support ongoing career growth within the company
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of experience in design (digital and print), creative direction, and brand strategy - designing for an ecommerce brand a big plus
- A strong track record of building and leading teams - with an ability to drive accountability and creative delivery through motivation, mentorship and development
- An inherent passion for data, performance metrics, and creative problem-solving, with the ultimate objective to drive business goals forward
- Track record of evolving brands and taking fresh and innovative ideas from concept to execution; a progressive approach to design and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
- A truly collaborative nature - is solution-oriented vs. frustrated when things aren’t working as well as they should be; willingness to work with stakeholders as needed to evolve cross-functional processes
- A passion for and knowledge of interior design trends
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.