We’re looking for a passionate and optimization-oriented Logistics Manager to join our rapidly-growing team in DUMBO. Reporting to our VP of Operations and Customer Experience, you’ll oversee our inbound, outbound, and reverse logistics, and drive efforts to create an exceptional post-purchase experience for Brooklinen customers.
This role is perfect for you if you’re passionate about logistics, optimizing processes, and are obsessed with finding new ways to elevate the customer experience.
What you’ll do
- Develop an efficient delivery process between our fulfillment centers, wholesale partners, and suppliers by reducing air usage, improving container utilization rates, and developing SLAs
- Manage our network of shipping carriers; driving improvements through carrier diversification, reduced transit time, and maintaining a high IFOT rate
- Lead our transition to more sustainable, DIM optimized packaging
- Plan packaging needs between 2 DCs and create a dynamic process for packaging and collateral replenishment
- Create and manage our post-purchase delivery exception management KPIs to reduce quality issues and exception volume
- Develop KPIs on cost and process to show consistent margin improvement and generate solutions for further optimization
- Drive internal strategies and communication on operational processes
- Actively lead, mentor, and develop our incredible team; supporting career growth within our company
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience in logistics (DTC experience a plus!)
- Prior experience working with carrier billing software and freight auditing tools (i.e. Galleon),
- Experience in carrier contract negotiation
- Must be entrepreneurial minded, detail-oriented, and a creative problem solver
- Strong analytical skills and highly organized
- The Brooklinen way: resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.