We’re currently looking for a customer-obsessed and data-centric Senior Product Designer, UX to build beautiful and innovative ecommerce experiences for our customers. Reporting to our VP of Product and working closely with the Development, Product, and Design teams, you will be the first dedicated UX team member and will help transform Brooklinen’s approach to ecommerce.
We’re looking for someone who is customer-focused, collaborative, and an enthusiastic (but not over-attached) idea-generator.
What you’ll do:
- Create the frameworks and design systems to support all of our ecommerce initiatives; you’ll conduct user research, test hypotheses to understand our users, and build beautiful and innovative ways for shoppers to interact with our brand
- Wireframe all medium and large-size ecommerce projects, including both existing and new pages
- Conduct user research, both online and in-person, for our big feature builds in order to create customer-centric experiences and improve conversion
- Create email templates that anticipate the customers’ needs while reflecting the Brooklinen brand design
- Maintain and update our global style guide to deliver a consistent, engaging, and polished user experience
- Support our site events and product launches by creating online experiences that showcase key messaging and features
- Partner with our digital designers to enable web design that is mobile-first and meets our development requirements
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of UX experience - ecommerce experience is a must!
- Prior experience (and someone who enjoys) working on a small team
- Experience with Asana (or similar), Zeplin (or similar), Sketch (or similar)
- Experience managing others is a plus as we plan to build out this team over time
- Someone who is a strong cross-functional communicator and open to testing anything that has a reasonable hypothesis
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.