We’re currently looking for a creative and passionate Junior Copywriter to write witty and compelling copy that strategically delivers for both digital and physical channels. Reporting to our Senior Copywriter, you will be the second member of a small and nimble team amongst our broader creative team.
You’ll work most closely with our Creative team and also collaborate with the Marketing, Social and E-Commerce teams.
What you’ll work on:
- Play a pivotal role in defining and maintaining the Brooklinen brand voice by writing clear, detailed copy that also embodies our witty and approachable personality
- Write and edit site copy including product descriptions for web; create keyword-rich content, tag lines and product descriptions to engage customers and optimize for SEO
- Write and edit compelling marketing emails, including subject lines, with the goal of maximizing open rate, click-through rate and conversion
- Work with creative team to concept campaigns and messaging across digital, print, video, and out of home channels; write and edit copy for campaigns that pushes our brand personality forward while clearly communicating product benefits
- Maintain the brand tone of voice across multiple channels, ensuring consistency in messaging while striving to push the boundaries and find new and clever ways to communicate with our customer
- Write copy for new product launches, event invites, in-store signage or any other customer or industry-facing asset
What we’re looking for:
- 0-2 years of copy experience (relevant internships count!), particularly in the consumer goods or e-commerce space; prior experience writing product copy as well as for email marketing, Facebook ads, and SEO a plus
- Needs to be adaptable to working on a broad range of projects (knows the difference between a compelling subject line, witty social caption and an e-commerce product description or long-form brand story)
- Someone who is smart, funny, super-organized, collaborative and enjoys wearing many hats - our perfect team member is someone who is as comfortable coming up with ideas as they are executing
- Strong attention to detail in copyediting and proofreading
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.