We’re looking for a Front-End Developer to join our rapidly growing team in Brooklyn, NY. This is an awesome opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a high-growth ecommerce startup. In this role, you’ll build, maintain, and evolve our Shopify store and create customer experiences that will make an immediate impact.
You’re the perfect fit for this role if you’re passionate about ecommerce, have worked on previous development projects with ecommerce brands, and have prior experience with Shopify. Excited to join a small (but fast-growing) ecommerce team where your input will directly improve the customer experience? Come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Help expand the capabilities of our development team, allowing us to build out features faster and more efficiently
- Translate design requirements and mockups into fully functioning site features
- Implement A/B tests across our website
- Collaborate on finding and troubleshooting bugs
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with Shopify themes and the Liquid template language
- Experience with Git
- A team player with strong communication skills who truly enjoys working through ideas with others
- A collaborative individual - who also thrives under self-direction
Would also love to see:
- Experience with Vue or other JS frameworks
- Experience with Ruby
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but we’re well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 35,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.