We’re excited to be looking for a creative and ambitious Junior Digital Designer with motion design skills to join our team in Brooklyn, NY. In this role, you’ll support our creative team by designing beautiful and compelling digital assets for a variety of channels, including site, email and organic and paid social.
This role is perfect for you if you’re excited to work alongside a talented in-house team and help translate the Brooklinen brand vision across all customer touchpoints.
What you’ll do
- Design a variety of digital assets, including on site graphics, emails, social assets and digital ads (that are bound to show up in your Instagram feed and email in-box)
- Contribute to the constant evolution of the look and feel of the Brooklinen brand, and ensure consistency by developing style guides and brand guidelines
- Enhance our user experience at every stage of the customer journey and work collaboratively with the team to identify ways in which we can improve, tweak, and optimize to create a great customer experience
- Create, test, and implement designs, layouts, and user experiences that convert
What we’re looking for
- 1-3 years of experience in digital design (DTC experience a plus!)
- Proficient in Sketch, the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and After Effects
- Video editing skills in Adobe Premiere are not required, but a plus!
- Strong portfolio of work
- Ability to be highly organized and manage several deadline-driven projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- The Brooklinen way: resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.