When Brooklinen was founded five years ago, our co-founders set out to deliver beautiful and ridiculously comfortable home essentials that don’t cost an arm and a leg. We have over 500,000 happy customers across the globe (with 40,000 5-star reviews!) and are looking to bring our mission - We want you to be comfortable - to even more people.
As our PR Manager, you’ll continue to grow our presence in national and regional media outlets, strengthen existing and kindle new relationships with media - all in an effort to help us make the world a more comfortable place.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re passionate around boosting brand awareness and sharing our story through media for consumers, are excellent at developing and maintaining relationships, and are curious to explore any and all ways to grow our brand.
What you’ll do
- Maintain existing relationships (and develop new relationships) with media outlets/reporters on behalf of the brand; you’ll devote 80% of your time to outreach
- Execute Brooklinen’s media relations strategy; seeking high-level placements in digital, print, and broadcast outlets on our brand, founders and products
- Create and support a regular cadence of Brooklinen press across all markets
- Write clear and concise press releases, media alerts and pitches and manage our assets library for media
- Prepare briefing docs and write talking points to prep C-level execs for various speaking engagements and media opportunities
- Respond to all inbound media requests
- Collaborate with our wider team in leveraging influencer, social, paid and creative strategies to maximize with PR support
- Help conceptualize and seamlessly execute conversation-starting PR / influencer mailers for key product launches, holding internal and external parties to timelines
- Assist with planning and execution of events, press days, launch parties, and other activations
- Organize and maintain our annual calendars of events, targets, and activities
What we’re looking for
- 4-5 years of experience in public relations with a proven history of securing compelling and tone-setting coverage
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong acumen for PR and a high level of professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to be proactive, hardworking, and hungry to grow our brand
- The Brooklinen way: resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.