We’re excited to continue building out our finance team with a Staff Accountant - a business critical role which will be responsible for the accuracy of our financial reporting, ensuring all vendors are paid in a timely manner, and optimizing the Quickbooks Online Integration with all our third-party platforms.
This is a brand new role with the opportunity to build out the accounting function to best serve the business. We’re looking for someone who will not only get the job done, but also think about how it can be done better.
What you’ll do
- Perform month-end close reconciliations and journal entries, including revenue, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, payroll, credit card entries
- Ensure timely and accurate input of all invoices as well as correct bank reconciliations
- Responsible for accounts payable, working with vendors to ensure payments are accurate and timely
- Own the expense report process and entry of all expense reports into QuickBooks
- Work with various departments on ad-hoc analysis
- Distribute P&L statements to sales, operations, and marketing departments
- Manage the integrations with third-party data sharing platforms (inventory management, order management, returns management)
We’re looking for someone who...
- Has 3+ years of accounting experience
- Can demonstrate a high level of proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
- Has a proven track record of improving process and systems
- Has worked with an ecommerce/retail/inventory heavy business (a plus!)
- Is regimented, meticulous, curious, professional, and hardworking
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.