The Brooklinen team is looking for a Director of Finance to lead our finance function, overseeing budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll analyze nearly every aspect of our business and provide critical insights to help drive our biggest business decisions.
We’re looking for a super data-driven, highly analytical person who knows the right questions to ask and has the curiosity and skill set to get the answers. In this role, you’ll lead our finance function and build out a team soon after you join.
What you’ll do
- Build out (and maintain) a series of financial models to analyze and report on the most critical aspects of our business
- Develop the weekly business review process and report key business metrics and insights to the leadership team
- Leverage and refine our forecasting process with the goal of enabling us to estimate financial results across the company and optimize our key performance drivers
- Partner with our team leaders to review business results, create/review budgets, and uncover insights to drive business growth
- Play a large role in investor relations, working with our CEO to prepare key business insights, catering to different types of audiences and using analytics to tell compelling stories
- Oversee our spend and vendor management - partner with our accounting firm and oversee Staff Accountant on month-end and year-end closing processes
- Hire, mentor, and lead a growing finance team across FP&A and accounting
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of finance experience - for this role, prior experience working within a high-growth ecommerce business (and analyzing both inventory and marketing spend) is a must
- Prior investment banking experience, particularly in the consumer/retail group, is a plus
- Exceptionally strong modeling and analytical skills (Excel and PowerPoint ace) with an endless curiosity that enables us to uncover meaningful insights to drive our business
- Someone who is comfortable working in the grey and pulling together relevant insights from a variety of data sources
- The ability to build processes and systems from the ground up and thrive in a high-growth, ever-changing environment (you have a perspective on how things should be done but are flexible and adaptable enough to love working at a startup)
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.