We’re currently looking for a Design Director to lead our digital and print design team, uphold and evolve our visual identity, and ensure alignment and consistency across all channels. This is a unique opportunity to join a design-forward, irreverent, and leading DTC brand that truly values (and leverages) in-house creative for all that we do.
You’re the perfect fit for this role if you’re super passionate about both digital and print design and have the creative vision, taste level, and talent to drive our brand forward, putting your own stamp on it.
What you’ll do
- Lead our super talented design team responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and delivering all print and digital assets - leverage our existing brand identity and continue to elevate it
- Flex between leading our design process (soup to nuts) and actually working on design projects directly
- Drive large-scale creative projects from concept to execution - some examples include a full packaging refresh, our next subway campaign, and new direct mail pieces (and this is just the tip of the iceberg!)
- Take the lead on our site design, in partnership with our product team, developing a deep understanding of our ecommerce strategy and customer, and creating a unique and compelling digital shopping experience
- Become a trusted partner to our internal team, leading the development of stunning, on-brand, business-driving creative assets that meet each team's individual needs
- Collaborate closely with the photo and video team on shoots; align on deliverables and art direct shoots
- Actively lead, mentor, and develop our amazing team; support ongoing career growth within the company
We’re looking for someone who has
- 7+ years of experience in design, art direction, and project management
- The ability to both design and direct (and excitement about doing both)
- A progressive approach to design and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
- Prior hands-on design experience in digital, print, and packaging
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and strong type and layout skills
- Experience designing for an ecommerce business (a definite plus)
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.