When Brooklinen was founded over five years ago, we were on the forefront of the DTC movement. Our goal was to deliver the maximum value to our customers, cutting out anything that didn’t add value for them. Over the last five years, we’ve stayed laser focused on building our ecommerce business to deliver on this, and now it’s time for the next chapter, physical stores!
As with everything we do here, we applied our testing philosophy and built out our Soho pop-up last year (you can read about that here) - we learned a ton and were thrilled with the results. On the heels of that experience, we are so excited to launch the very first group of Brooklinen stores, starting in Williamsburg this fall.
We’re looking for an incredible store leadership team (Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager) to join us in shaping the experience in our very first store. You’ll love this role if you’re as obsessed as we are with making people’s homes a happy, comfortable place and leading a team that provides above and beyond customer experiences. This is our first physical location and you’ll be an integral part of shaping our retail team and strategy going forward.
What you’ll do:
- Be a true business owner, bringing ideas to the table that will translate ecommerce initiatives flawlessly, drive sales, and provide above and beyond store experiences; keep tabs on inventory levels, sales trends, and promotion performance
- Train and coach the team on our products, textile and interior design knowledge, and our customer experience philosophy; motivate and develop our team and handle any challenges that come your way
- Implement and maintain store processes (scheduling, opening, closing, inventory, customer communications, etc.) that will scale well beyond our first store - always look for ways to work smarter, not harder
- Oversee the visual presentation of the store, ensuring that we're presenting and styling our product in a way that is inspiring and brand-aligned; oversee visual changes as we launch new products and brand stories
- Participate in the development and flawless execution of in-store events and activations
- Act as liaison between our customers, store employees and Brooklinen HQ, sharing customer feedback and new ideas for our brand
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ (Store Manager) / 3+ (Assistant Store Manager) years of management experience in retail store environments (including recruiting, training, coaching)
- Prior experience working in (or managing) the front and back of house - strong mix of customer-facing and operational capabilities
- Someone who is friendly, positive, and truly passionate about the Brooklinen brand and story
- Knowledge and/or passion for interior design and helping customers style their homes
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.