When Brooklinen was founded five years ago, our co-founders set out to deliver beautiful and ridiculously comfortable home essentials that don’t cost an arm and a leg. In addition to delivering our products to over 500,000 happy customers across the globe (with 40,000 5-star reviews!). We’ve also built a thriving hospitality business, bringing our product to hotels and bed and breakfasts across the country.
In our Manager of Business Development role, you’ll continue to grow our hospitality, gifting, and partnerships business and help us make the world a more comfortable place.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re passionate around boosting brand awareness, thrive on developing relationships, and are curious to explore any and all ways to grow our brand.
What you’ll do
- Develop relationships with prospective hospitality and business partnership clients, while maintaining existing client relationships
- Use Excel to price deals, forecast businesses, perform margin analysis and report on business performance
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Partner with both the Product Development and Finance teams to create contract-winning proposals for clients
- Close deals through expert relationship management and achieve quarterly revenue forecasts
- Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business performance updates (using both Excel and PowerPoint), that allows management to review results and any potential changes to the forecasts
- Collaborate with Product Development and Operations teams to ensure contracted product specifications are executed on-time and as agreed
- Be highly involved in inventory management by communicating with the Inventory Planning team on your prospective inventory needs to close deals and maintain client relationships
- Implement a seamless process where potential customers can request samples by working with eComm to create a front-end hospitality website
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in sales, business, or FP&A finance -- with 2+ years in business development
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong business acumen and high level of professionalism
- Someone who is driven by curiosity, and is excited to explore all opportunities for business growth
- Must be hardworking and hungry to grow our brand, and have a deep sense of ownership over your role
- Outgoing, this person thrives on building and growing client relationships
- The Brooklinen way: resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.