Five years ago our founders set out to deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. Fast forward to today and that mission has now resonated with over 500,000 customers across the country. We’ve watched our customers become super fans (40,000+ 5-star reviews), passionately recommend Brooklinen to friends, and organically come back to purchase more and more for their home.
And this is exactly why we’re so excited to bring in a Director of Email & Retention Marketing -- because we have a large, growing, and passionate customer base with so many opportunities to re-engage, surprise, and delight! In this role you’ll be responsible for leading our already in-place team, owning our email and retention strategy and roadmap, and taking it to the next level.
What you’ll do
- Own email & retention strategy: Own the marketing strategy for prospects and customers via email, SMS, chat, direct mail, packaging inserts, loyalty/referral programs, and other direct channels
- Develop and test segmentation and personalization strategies to give our customers the most relevant experience possible across channels
- Prioritize retention efforts in the form of a roadmap, leading a team of two (and growing) to execute on our deliverables
- Stay on the cutting edge of email, retention, and loyalty trends in order to pitch, test, and roll out new communication channels
- Drive CLTV growth by leveraging our customer data to find new and more relevant ways to talk to our customers at the right time with the right message
- Starting with...
- Rolling out a comprehensive direct mail program that hits our conversion metrics and aligns with our brand guidelines
- Overhauling and relaunching our loyalty / referral program based on team / customer feedback & customer engagement data
- Setting strategy on all paid re-engagement campaigns across our digital marketing channels; partner with growth team to execute
- Lead a team: Be a great manager and leader for our awesome team of 2 and grow the Retention Marketing team from there
- Be a great cross-functional partner: Collaborate with our Design, Ecomm, CX, and Ops teams while rolling out new strategies and optimizing process
We're looking for someone with:
- 6+ years of CRM / retention marketing experience - experience working with subscription businesses a plus, even though we’re not one!
- Prior experience with email (extensive), SMS, social messaging platforms, direct mail, and loyalty/referral programs
- Prior experience directly managing others and being a great leader
- A customer-first (and customer-obsessed) attitude who is excited to bring tons of new ideas to the table while also executing on the good ones we already have
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.