Five years ago our founders set out to deliver the beautiful, simple, and high-quality home essentials at an accessible price. Our approach was simple: create an amazing product, an efficient supply chain, and always put our customers first. With our customers at the focus of everything we do, we are always looking for new ways to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
This is why we’re so excited to be hiring an Operations Associate to join our team in Brooklyn! In this role, reporting to our Senior Associate of Operations, you’ll work on a tight-knit and passionate team to drive new initiatives to our current delivery process and create an amazing post-purchase experience.
You’re the perfect person for this role if you’re passionate about operations, pulling insights from data, and creating the best possible experience for our customers.
What you’ll do
- Manage and resolve delivery exceptions (shipment delays, address issues, damaged packages, etc.) by proactively reaching out to customers and filing claims with carriers
- Create workflows to efficiently handle lost packages and return to sender shipments
- Develop and update a KPI dashboard to monitor and improve our NPS and post-purchase delivery metrics
- Act as the liaison between our transportation companies (DHL, UPS, FedEx, USPS), operations team, and customer experience team - identifying issues and themes from customer issues to find root cause solves
- Daily management of our address verification and reverse logistics processes
- Manage and analyze shipping and lifetime warranty replacements; propose solutions to decrease both shipping and product defect issues
What we’re looking for
- Undergrad degree with 0-1 years of relevant experience (internships count!)
- Extremely strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Someone highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The Brooklinen way: resourceful, proactive, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and a true team player
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 35,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.