We’re on the lookout for a curious, passionate, and data-obsessed Manager/Director of Planning to join our rapidly growing team in DUMBO. In this role you'll lead the planning function, forecasting for new product launches and overseeing demand planning for Brooklinen’s growing product assortment.
What you’ll do
- Build out planning function with a focus on optimizing inventory flow and taking into account lead times, shipment sizes, safety stock targets, and discontinuance data
- Create methodology to forecast new product launches; develop a deep understanding of the market, our customer base, and past launch performance
- Oversee replenishment by SKU, maintaining an efficient inventory flow
- Partner cross-functionally to understand the levers that affect inventory and anticipate business spikes related to seasonal trends and marketing efforts
- Build out models/reporting to share highest performing products seasonally, identifying trends and most-loved items with our design and product development team
- Administer and monitor weekly cycle counts at 2 of our DCs
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of planning experience - prior ecommerce planning experience a must
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to adapt to new systems (WMS, Order Management, Data analytics) as well as participate in selecting them
- Advanced knowledge of financial measurements, sales, gross margin, inventory turn, and weeks of supply and how to impact them
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- An obsession with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to build, lead and inspire a team
At Brooklinen, we're rethinking the way people shop for their bedroom. We have no physical stores, no middlemen taking their cut, and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at brooklinen.com.
Since launching in 2014, Brooklinen has attracted thousands of customers and has been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ, and more.