We’re excited to be looking for a People Associate to join the Brooklinen people team in creating above and beyond hiring, onboarding, and employee experiences. In this role, you'll contribute to hiring awesome people and making sure they're happy and set up for success once they join by supporting a variety of people initiatives.
You'll also assist with the coordination of team outings and make sure things around the office run smoothly. Much of what you will coordinate (team events, snacks, lunches, trainings, celebrations) are things that make people happy - so if you love making people happy and excited to come to work, this will be a great role for you!
What you'll do
- Support the recruiting process by posting/unposting jobs, scheduling interviews, booking conference rooms, greeting candidates, and managing candidate communication throughout the hiring process
- Assist with the onboarding of new hires by organizing training, setting up desks, scheduling intro meetings, and checking in to ensure a positive experience
- Assist our VP of People and broader team on learning and development, performance management, and employee engagement efforts
- Coordinate team events, including group outings, weekly happy hours, training sessions, off-sites, and our holiday party
- Help us celebrate employee milestones (anniversaries, birthdays, etc.) by ordering anniversary gifts, employee swag, drinks/treats, etc.
- Make our office an awesome and productive place to work - order office supplies, oversee building requests, coordinate weekly snacks, and make sure the office stays clean and organized (day to day and especially after team events!)
What we're looking for
- Interested in a career in the People field (whether it be HR, recruiting, or employee happiness)
- ~1 year of prior experience in either (relevant internships or education count!)
- Prior experience with applicant tracking systems or other HR databases is a plus
- Has a strong understanding of Google Drive/Microsoft Office programs: experience using communication programs like Slack and Asana (or similar project management software) a plus - or just picks up new tech quickly!
- Must be positive, proactive, and genuinely care about contributing to a great employee experience
- Incredibly detail-oriented, organized, and proactive about solving problems
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs and hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (we’ve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, and obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. We’re growing rapidly, so we’ve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff you’d expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning and development, fun team outings, and much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We welcome people across backgrounds, perspectives, identities, experiences, and abilities and can’t wait to read your application!
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, and anything that doesn’t add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics and bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 40,000+ 5-star reviews and been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ and more.