We’re on the lookout for a curious, passionate, and data-obsessed Inventory Planner to join our rapidly growing team in DUMBO. This is the first role on our team that is fully dedicated to forecasting and demand planning for Brooklinen’s growing product inventory.
You’ll be in charge of keeping our customers’ favorites in stock, forecasting for new product launches (+ quite a few are already planned for next year!), and overseeing the allocation of product across our domestic and international distribution centers.
What you’ll do
- Manage inventory of 1500+ SKUs with a focus on optimizing inventory flow and taking into account lead times, shipment sizes, safety stock targets, and discontinuance data
- Forecast for new product launches; develop a deep understanding of the market, our customer base, and past launch performance
- Oversee replenishment by SKU, maintaining an efficient inventory flow
- Understand the levers that affect inventory and anticipate business spikes related to seasonal trends and marketing efforts
- Report on highest performing products seasonally, sharing trends and most-loved items with our design and product development team
- Administer and monitor weekly cycle counts at 2 of our DCs
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of inventory planning experience - even better if you’ve done it for an ecommerce company!
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to adapt to new systems (WMS, Order Management, Data analytics)
- An understanding of financial measurements, sales, gross margin, inventory turn, and weeks of supply and how to impact them
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- An obsession with efficiency and accuracy
- Someone with an eye on their own professional growth and development
At Brooklinen, we're rethinking the way people shop for their bedroom. We have no physical stores, no middlemen taking their cut, and no brand markups. Instead, we design our own luxury basics and sell them exclusively at brooklinen.com.
Since launching in 2014, Brooklinen has attracted thousands of customers and has been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ, and more.