The Architectural Coordinator is responsible for the review and approval of architectural submissions for Brookfield communities in their region. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the quality of submissions in accordance with established guidelines, and supporting department research and builder relationships. The Coordinator is responsible for the tactical management of the databases and information systems supporting the department.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the production process, in accordance with architectural plans, to meet long term goals, as follows:
- Receive, review and approve all submissions for grading, colors, and architectural compliance to approved guidelines
- Tactical management of the supporting database and on-line submission systems
- Act as a builder and homeowner resource by providing preliminary architectural information
- Coordinate between internal departments and site staff
- Maintain department product samples
- Conduct site inspections to check that homes are built in compliance with approvals, finished grading work with subdivision plan that site services (walks, valves, fencing, etc.) have been left in good condition, etc.
- Communicate to builders, deficiencies found during final inspections and coordinate completion and re-inspection
- Manage preparation and distribution of invoices for concrete damage found during inspections
- Produce phase guidelines and support manager in the production of community visioning documents
- Liaise with builders on A/C conflicts and inspection disputes
- Review resubmissions and other requests for changes to approved drawings, colors, lot grades etc., and provide feedback, as required
- Act as contact for Home Owner questions and enquiries
- Through a best practice review and collaboration with builder partners and sourcing information from other industry partners, identify improvements and efficiencies with the architectural controls process.
- Maintain and distribute department reports for trend analysis to Management
- Maintain and foster positive relationships with builder partners and maintain awareness of regulatory changes which may affect business operations
- Provide management support on technology needs for AC resources and production efficiency
- Post-Secondary diploma in Architectural Technology or Civil Engineering Technology;
- 3-5 years in the residential homebuilding industry is an asset;
- Creative design experience is also an asset (experience and knowledge with AutoCad, InDesign);
- A highly organized team player, strong and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization;
- Possess proven verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Possess working knowledge of municipal by-laws and design guidelines; be able to read technical drawings including, but not limited to, working drawings, engineering documents and grading plans, with experience in conceptual design.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.