As a member of the Edmonton Homes team, the Part-time Host is primarily responsible to meet and greet customers, ensuring that all clients who walk through the sales centre receive a professional welcome. This position reports to the Area Sales Manager, and is an excellent entry level sales opportunity with strong potential for advancement.
Hours of Work:
This position is a casual, part time role working up to 33 hours per week, depending on business needs. This position offers flexible work hours, sales training and career growth opportunities within the Sales profession.
Sales Center Hours:
Monday to Thursday from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM,
Friday to Sunday and holidays from 12:00 PM to 5:00PM.
The Host is required to arrive 15 minutes prior to sales centre opening time, to ensure that the sales centre is ready to the public for a punctual start. The Host is responsible to lock the sales centre and set alarms at the end of the day.
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere, greet potential clients and clients, and monitor the flow of show home traffic
- Answering telephone calls, directing client inquiries to the appropriate sales staff
- Preparing and mail out quarterly client follow up letters, monitoring and distributing faxes, ensuring filing is maintained and up to date
- Data enter customer profile and realtor profile information into system and file accordingly
- Prepare promotional material and update client lists as required
- Maintain clean and tidy sales center office and reception area i.e. dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, taking out garbage as required so that the sales center is welcoming and Brookfield’s strong professional image is maintained
Qualifications & Requirements
- Sales or customer service related experience
- Experience within the home building or real estate industry is an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products i.e. Word, Outlook and Excel
- Possess strong time management skills and well developed administrative skills
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and service
- Be self-motivated, goal oriented and have a willingness to learn new tasks and projects
- Demonstrate initiative for continuous learning by enrolling in professional development courses
- Have a keen interest in sales and developing a career within the home building industry
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent extended health benefits and flex-spending account
- RRSP matching
- Work-life balance
- Generous tuition assistance program
- Rewarding career and development opportunities
- Leadership Development and Mentorship Program
- Volunteer opportunities and charitable donation matching
- A culture based on corporate values of passion, integrity, and community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.