Let’s get to know each other! Here’s a little bit about us.
Brookfield Residential is a full-service homebuilder and land developer in Central Texas. Through our expertise, passion and focus on outstanding customer service, we strive to create the best places to call home. Our motto is “Hire the Passion, Teach the Business” and we work to provide a positive and engaging atmosphere for our team members. Our core values of passion, integrity and community are at the top of our minds in our day-to-day business and exemplify the way we work together and with our customers.
What our Community Managers do:
As directed by the HOA Board of Directors, the Community Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Kissing Tree community association. This includes compliance with the approved governing documents of the community as well as local and state laws and regulations.
These responsibilities include direct interaction with community residents and committees, supervision of the onsite management staff, and coordination with outside contractors and vendors.
The Community Manager is responsible for the lifestyle, financial well-being and physical maintenance and safety of the HOA. This is a great opportunity to start from the ground up with a new division and with a brand new community. This person will oversee a staff of four (4) at the beginning. Staffing will increase as the Association builds out and comes to include management over the golf operations. The Manager will report to the HOA Director and the Board of Directors. Prior experience working with a developer Board of Directors and developing policies and procedures from the start are highly desirable. Experience working for a self-managed owners’ association with golf and restaurant operations is highly desirable.
At minimum the candidate should hold a valid and current CMCA or AMS designation or the ability to obtain one in (12) twelve months, those with PCAM or LSM designations are encouraged to apply. Candidate should have several years of experience and demonstrated success in managing a complex organization.
*This position is located in San Marcos, so we will happily review interested candidates from South Austin, Buda, Kyle, North San Antonio, New Braunfels and those environs.*
Does this sound like you?
- Several years of experience and demonstrated success in managing a complex organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent on the job experience
- At minimum, a CMCA or AMS (PCAM or LSM highly desirable) or the ability to obtain these
- Experience with transitions from developer to HOA, highly desirable
- Knowledge of closing packet procedure and requirements, highly desirable
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong hospitality background
- Extensive experience with golf and restaurant management
You have the ability to:
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Have your workdays not limited to 8 hours
- Respond to afterhours emergencies
- Work on weekends from time to time
Responsibilities you would love to take on:
Operations Management (40%)-
- Resident satisfaction
- Develop policies, culture, best practices and reduction in staff turnover
- Establish, manage, and operate by both a project build out budget and an annual operating budget (including reserve and enhancement activity) for each department within the HOA
- Maintenance of all association records in accordance with the governing documents
- Identify new opportunities for efficiency and seek to improve the overall operation of the HOA
- Establish and manage a preventative maintenance and record keeping program
- Establish and manage a risk management program
- Acquire and maintain appropriate insurance for the HOA according to the governing documents
- Manage the security efforts for the community
- Integrate with onsite vendor to manage golf and F&B efforts for the community
Internal Reporting & Governance (20%)-
- Monthly financial review to include
- Financial packet for HOA BOD
- Financial packet for resident Finance Committee
- Financial summary report for distribution to the community at large
- Ensure annual audit is completed per the governing documents
- Establish and monitor financial investment policy
- Timely communication with the community as a whole
- Monthly reports to the HOA BOD with a recap of each department’s activities
- Maintain documentation of meeting minutes and resolutions in accordance with governing documents
Managing Relationships (10%)-
- Organize and facilitate community meetings in accordance with the governing documents
- Increase communications with Members, Community Associations and Outside Customers
- Strengthen relationships with contracted vendors and management companies
Process Improvement & Staff Development (30%)
- Recruit and develop staff, create effective training manuals, and develop HOA staff cross training strategies
- Establish staffing plan and onboarding processes
- Develop staff succession planning and strategies
- Develop “Best Customer Service” program and practices
- Supervise all on-site staff and work with HOA Director on future staffing needs.
What You Can Expect From Us
- A positive, fun workplace
- A collaborative team environment
- Internal committees: social, giving, sustainability
- Monthly social events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Sustainable practices
- Performance reviews
- Internal transfer opportunities
Why Work at Brookfield Residential?
- Voted Aon’s Best Employer in Canada and the U.S for 2017!
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance that start your first day
- Work/life balance
- 401K matching
- Team member lot and home discounts
- Charitable donation matching
- Lots of Holiday and vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- Vitality wellness program
- Leadership and internal development workshops