The Associate Site Manager drives day-to-day operations of the site. They are accountable for all aspects of the construction quality and workmanship of homes. The Associate Site Manager schedules and coordinates trades and site staff to ensure homes in production adhere to the business plan timelines; ensure homes are built according to specification, following building codes, safety standards, while maximizing customer satisfaction.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure all necessary internal and external inspections are completed as per Brookfield’s internal build process
- Personal daily review units under construction
- Ensure the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost
- Ensure Quality Control is managed through standard checklist process
- Ensure home has an occupancy certificate as issued by the municipality
- Monitor, enforce, and maintain safety requirements, as dictated by OH&S and work with our safety department to ensure site safety
- Establish Pre-occupancy and Possession dates. Ensure that Pre-Occupancy Tech has home ready for pre occupancy inspection and final turn over c/w
- Develop contingency plans to ensure business objectives are met
- Cross fill roles as required
- Participate in and / or lead Site Meetings
- Conduct pre and post lot inspections. Complete and submit report to Site Manager
- Maintain scheduling and update WIP report
- Conduct required safety reporting
- Meet with customer on occupancy date to perform home orientation and deliver warranty information as required
- Work with the Site Service Technician to ensure that all customer service issues identified during two and twelve month inspections are resolved
- Post-secondary diploma or demonstrable, relevant continuing education, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years as a Carpenter, Pre-Occupancy Technician, or equivalent
- Safety Training Certificates (e.g. Basics of Supervision, First Aid and CPR, Fall Arrest, Natural Gas, Propane, WHIMIS, OSHA).
- Proficiency in MS Office products
Minimum physical requirements:
- Constant walking and standing: walk through each home in production a minimum of 2x per day.
- Physical endurance and ability to visit entire job site, which may include climbing ladders and scaffolding or other elevated structures; maneuver over uneven ground, stand most or all of day; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Physically able to lift up to 100 lbs. Move materials, supplies, and use small hand tools as needed.
Monitoring jobsite general health and safety and must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• Flex-spending account
• Work-life balance
• RRSP matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.