This position will act as a supporting role to assist the Director of Construction in the development, review, and implementations of all Brookfield Standard Quality policies and procedures.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ongoing inspections on new projects/model homes to ensure past problems don't re- occur and to set the standards expected from the trade contractors. Inspections performed at foundation pre-pour, at window setting, at MEPS and a final walk after flooring and trade contractors pick up is complete.
- Ongoing inspections at all phases of production at pre-pour, at window set, at MEPS and final walks.
- Random quality walks and homeowner orientations are executed to ensure high quality standards are maintained.
- Attends weekly job-site subcontractor meetings and brings up items found at on-going spot check walks from our third party inspections and information from California Customer Care reports to train Brookfield’s trade contractors and Brookfield’s Construction Personnel on exceeding building code and Brookfield’s Quality Standards.
- Conducts quarterly job training with Construction and Customer Care teams pertaining to code issues and quality issues to assure high standards are maintained. This training uses the Brookfield Residential Water/Moisture/Leak Prevention Training and Brookfield Residential Standards Manuals.
- On-going Prepper/Assistant training is performed by spot checking homes prior to homeowner’s orientation. Items found not up to Brookfield’s Standards are used to train Preppers/Assistants to raise the bar to acceptable levels in areas found to be deficient on walks.
- Support Site Managers with attending special meetings if requested or deemed necessary if a trade contractor is not performing to standards.
- Monitor our third party inspections for re-occurring issues and to ensure items are being cleared off the reports.
- Red Tag Notifications are sent to trade contractors by Certified Mail for work not performed per building codes, plans, contracts or to Brookfield's standards. This is performed by Quality Assurance Manager only after all other attempts fail to resolve the problem.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- 5 + years field experience
- Experience in construction defect forensics
- Knowledge of all aspects of residential construction
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.